[Dailydrool] Short ears and basset crosses

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 08:29:13 PST 2017

Our Jane was probably a full basset, but her ears barely made it to her
nose, just like Elwood's. I just figured she was a badly bred basset--she
was surely from a puppy mill. She was a bit too tall but otherwise was
fairly bassety looking.

Horton has lovely long ears, but I suspect that he has a tiny bit of beagle
in his line. He is small and short and weighs under 30 pounds. I suspect
his breeders were trying to make a pocket basset--though I will never know,
since he came to TSBHR as a stray. Hort's torso is rather stubby. more
beagly than bassety, and he barks a lot with a rather beagly sound. But it
doesn't matter to me what genes he got; we are happy to have each other.
Drew, however, may not be so happy, since Hort is usually barking at him.
Pam, food slave to all the Dashing Bassets