[Dailydrool] past/present Bassets

don/jan cook via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Sep 3 13:50:37 PDT 2017

I thought of my old Basset Stuart today. We always wanted him to swim, but no way. We tried a life jacket and us right beside him in a pool, he was adamant he wasn’t having any part of it.
The reason I thought of Stuart, who was a character, is we have a new pup. We took all the hounds to a nearby lake today because it is so hot and dry. The 4 yr. old Basset always gets wet to his belly, the Bldhnd the same way. The pup ran into the water and swam! Looked like a muskrat, but he was swimming, and enjoying it. He went in and out 3 or 4 times, really enjoying the experience.  What a joy to see.
The new one made me think of the old one………… nice.
Jan