[Dailydrool] From the Desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Sep 4 01:33:26 PDT 2017

Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset here and things have not gotten much
better despite my heartfelt attempts to improve the way the household is
run.
STILL we must wait for our food until the cook deigns that it is Time and
she seems to have set times rather than just, you know, when we want.
This is a problem which I understand is fairly universal and also I am told
that many hounds get only one or two meals a day instead of three. We have
breakfast lunchanddinner. Sometimes if we sleep she waits which is just
wrong.  And there are other rules that are just silly--like yesterday Mr.
Doc upchucked his dinner all over his crate and then, (are you ready?) SHE
would not let us clean it up!!!! She did it and she THREW IT AWAY!!!!
omigod!!! We screamed in protest to no avail.. Humans just do not Get It. I
mean warmed and pre-chewed and she throws it away. So sad.
well I am working on a new schedule which consists of eight meals a day to
be given at any time at all and I would prefer that she continue cooking
for us as that gives me a better selection of sides.
Speaking of which I must run and make a grocery list for her. She puts
silly things on the list such as broccoli and toilet paper. We need steak.
Ok then I am off---- ALEXA! O ALEXA DEAR.....

Love and Cuddles,
MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset

bgszap at gmail.com