[Dailydrool] Victoria is sweet. So are yams

Mary Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Sep 15 14:25:03 PDT 2017

​Paddi B Basset is delighted to report that she scored bigtime in the
pantry last night. We were sitting in the living room watching the ball
game (Yay Cleveland! I've never cheered for them before but 22 games
straight is something to cheer about!) when we heard a crunching sound.

A crunching sound can only mean one thing.

Well, it can mean lots of specific things, but the general thing it always
means is that Paddi is eating something.

Off to the kitchen we go. There she is on the mat, holding a large yam in
her two front paws and crunching away on the end of it. She was likely
about 2 inches in when we cruelly ripped her prize from her paws.

My mistake -- i put the yams within sniffing distance of the floor and she
figured it ways her lawful prey.

Can't believe she's 13... the main difference from the younger basset seems
to be an increase in wiliness!

Mary
with the disgruntled Paddi B Basset
and Simba, the horrified [it's a vegetable! a vegetable! ick!] Formosan
Mountain Dog​