[Dailydrool] Merta Lou and the Garden

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Sep 24 03:48:10 PDT 2017

Hi Merta Lou!
I have been thinking that we should just get together and garden with each
other and skip the boys. With two of us we can sort of keep watch and
scream for help as needed. We both have two big brothers. Well, I think
your brothers are bigger than mine, but mine are more protective. That way
we can alternate between the two gardens and they won't get all destroyed
and we will have fresh garden produce almost all year round! What do you
think?

We have to wait a little while though. I ate something I shouldn't have and
I am not telling a soul what it was, but it gave me a terrible tummy ache.
On Thursday I had a terrible case of the runs and the mom and dad ignored
me. So, I had an accident in Bugsey and my's crate. It was terrible! It was
humiliating! Then I followed the mom around all afternoon and cried, and
cried. She called the vet because she was ready to strangle me. Well, the
vet was totally swamped and he didn't call until 8:45 pm. He said to give
me anti-diarrhea medicine and I would be fine. Well, I wasn't. I got up
every 2 hours to go potty. Then I did the worst thing a basset can do...I
didn't eat breakfast. So, the mom called the vet and got me an appointment
for 10:20. I had to have xrays. Then I had to have more xrays. Then I got a
shot and 3 medicines to take home. Yep. I have the good old generic
gastroenteritis. The vet says my stomach lining is so upset it is thickened
and inflamed. And, I am full of gas. Really. From my tummy to my...well you
know. Because of all my food allergies, a bland diet is cottage cheese and
mashed potatoes. The mom knocks the cold off the potatoes in microwave and
then adds the cottage cheese and it is quite tasty! I am starting to feel
better and the mom figures I will be back to gardening in a few more days.

Browyn the Fairy Princess with Beauford, Bugsey and the mom, Jennifer
timandjenmartin at gmail.com