[Dailydrool] Hot Spots

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Sep 19 12:02:51 PDT 2017

If you can catch the hot spot early before it gets too nasty, I use Blu-Kote...you can get it at most farm supplies. Gently Shave the area of and around the hot spot. Wash gently with chlorahexadine. Gently pat dry with a clean towel. Then spray the Blu-Kote, a little goes a long way. I would wear gloves and clothes that you aren't afraid to get stained up. Also take the dog outside to spray and make sure the spray has throughly dried as this stuff will turn everything it touches while wet a bluish purple. I use it once a day if needed as long as it looks like the hot spot is drying up and therefore healing up. If it doesn't look like it is getting better after a couple of days then I take them to the vet. This stuff is great and dries up a mild to moderate hot spot up in just a couple of days. Anytime any of my animals gets a scratch that breaks the skin or a cut (a cut that doesn't require stitches) gets sprayed with Blu-Kote. Even when my calves are first born I spray the umbilical with it to protect them from getting an infection through the umbilical cord. Blu-Kote is a antibiotic, fungicidal and germicidal agent.
Hope this helps
Michele Momma to Seth and Xander
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com

Sent from my iPawPad