[Dailydrool] Thank you & Cowboy

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:20:23 PDT 2018

Thank you to all who wrote me privately or on the drool, or on Facebook and
Instagram regarding the loss of our beloved Rupert. It really helps to have
friends that care, and who understand the magnitude of the loss that we
experienced. We were pleased to hear that Rupert is able to come home, so
we are headed out shortly to go get him. I think it will be nice closure to
have him back home with us.

It's definitely been a strange adjustment not having Ru around. His
presence was so large, always following me from room to room, even at his
weakest. Evenings are the hardest, when the busyness of the day is done and
the house sounds so quiet. No harumphing, sighing, slurping, nail clicking,
etc. Cowboy is pretty quiet beside howling.

Cowboy is doing better though, thank doG. We've been getting him out to
socialize more and he's finally eating again after a couple days of
protesting food. We are planning to remain a one hound home for awhile,
though I understand the right hound will find us when it's time so we may
have no control over that. And of course, if it seems Cowboy needs a buddy,
we'll start looking.

Thank you all again. We are so grateful to be a part of the drool family.

Kacy with Cowboy