[Dailydrool] Multiple dogs

Dave And Sue Autry sautry at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 16 16:25:56 PDT 2018

We have a red and white 11 yr old BassetTilly (recovering from a pinched nerve in her hind leg) the Alpha!
A black lab Phoebe 9 yrs submissive and sweet all the time!
Bassador 8 yr old Harvey half brother to Phoebe (who mothered him as a puppy)
Harvey is the wanna be alpha and the gate keeper at the fence
Harvey prefers to play with Tilly
At   chosen times she lets him be the alpha (lwhen her legs are giving her trouble)
At times they snarl at each other going through doorways
Phoebe has always had her littermate sister next door to play with until recently -then they moved
She has alway grabbed a toy and made sure there were was no unnecessary roughness between Harvey and Tilly
They all do the Basset 500 outside in the dog yard and each have their alone places to rest inside
During storms its strange that Tilly and Phoebe pair up together in the master bathroom
While Harvey claims the guest bathroom always for his meals and alone time
He actually go s in his bathroom and closes the door with his nose with a bang at meal times
However, Harvey is the one who sleeps in our bed between our pillows!
Harvey has slowly become aggressive at times to Phoebe
For example
All 3 will b coming in from the dog yard and Phoebe usually comes through the door first
At last outs Tilly and Harvey dance to see who goes through the door after Phoebe
If Harvey goes before Tilly she snarls him
Starting a chain reaction and he then snarls Phoebe for no reason !
This only happens at night!
Why?
Basset stuff. Happens

Sent from my iPhone