[Dailydrool] Morse and chronic diarrhoea

Meckler, Michael meckler.12 at osu.edu
Sun Aug 12 14:48:06 PDT 2018

‎I have tried a variety of probiotic products with my gang, and I have found the most success with Purina's FortiFlora, which is a meat-flavored powder containing the Enterococcus faecium organism. The powder comes in individually-portioned packets to be sprinkled over food.

I would, however, check with your veterinarian first to see if this is appropriate for Morse. ‎Some folks worry about Enterococcus faecium because an antibiotic-resistant strain has developed that can cause serious infections, though that is not the strain cultured for FortiFlora. Nonetheless, given Morse's current condition, a veterinarian ought to weigh in on whether FortiFlora or any other probiotic would be appropriate.

I keep FortiFlora on hand in case digestive problems emerge with my hounds and have used it successfully for several years.

Hope you find something that works for Morse.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
‎