[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:11:22 PDT 2018

As many of you know, I just spent a month in the hospital, then rehab,
after having a bleed from the blood thinner I was on. And a very long month
it was. So long that when I came home, Horton did not seem to recognize
me--though now he will not willingly let me out of his sight.

The good news is that Horton and Drew got along fairly well during that
time; they may never be best buds, but Horton now knows that Drew is not so
fearsome. He will sit on the couch with him--a huge improvement.

Everyone at the rehab place (I cannot recommend Kessler Institute enough,
though I hope you never need their services) knew about my bassets,
especially since some Droolers sent a wonderful basket of flowers to me
with a fluffy white dog and cat made of carnations. You can see a picture
on my FB site, since Drew posted it while I was away. Though it was not a
basset, it was lovely, and I found out who all the dog loves were in no
time.

Thank you so much for the flowers, Droolers who donated (I know who you
are, since I have a card from you), and even more thanks for the gift card
too. Your generosity should not have been unexpected, but it proved to me
yet again what big hearts Droolers have. I was greatly humbled at your
being willing to send me these things

I also heard that while I was doing this, Sandy Gera, Tri-State's former
VP, died. I know I might find the information in the Drool archives, but
they did not seem to want to cough up the info when I tried to get it. Can
anyone tell me if Bob is still at the same address in Chadds Ford, so I can
send a card?
Glad to be back,
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets