[Dailydrool] To Waddle or Not to Waddle

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:19:46 PDT 2018

Ms. Itsy Bitsy sounds so much like our foster Oliver that it's hard for me
not to grin. I took  year-and-a-half-old Oliver for long walks. I was wiped
out at the end, but he would come back, relax for a few minutes, and be
ready to go again. You are experiencing typical puppy behavior. Young
bassets are not couch potatoes.

I finally found a lab mix, up the street, who was similar in energy. They
loved to play in this neighbor's fenced yard (we did not have one). Though
Maggie was much longer-legged than Oliver, they would race around the yard
until Oliver pooped out. Even then, he was not totally without energy.

Perhaps you can find one dog Ms. Itsy will take to and want to play with.
they may have a great time together. Then you can introduce her to other
dogs.

Oh, and a basset yard definitely needs more than a three-foot fence!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets