[Dailydrool] Doc At Night

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 22:18:54 PST 2018

>From the Desk
You know we lady Bassets need our beauty sleep and so tonight it is
understandable that this Lady is annoyed.
We had gone to bed. It was time. We went out and came in and got our
special bedtime treat and went to bed and She went to bed and everyone went
to bed except Doc got up after awhile and wanted out.
So She let him out and he had been out about ten seconds when he began
barking furiously. It sounded to me like a cross between his There Is
SOmething There and his I Am Afraid There Is Something There barks but She
went out because he is normally very quiet unless someone walks by the
house but at night it takes a lot to get him going. All my lovely fur stood
up on my back listening to him and She went out with a lightstick but
couldn't see anything. He was pointed at the back of the yard but not all
the way back. I did not go out. I thought about it but the way he acted I
was afraid it might be one of those smelly kitties again. Ha Ha NO THANKS!!
But he came in and rushed to the front window and began growling. She
looked but did not see anything but he was very insistent.
Finally he stopped.
Now She cannot go back to sleep and he is still at his post staring out the
front window but I am curled up in my beddy and warm and toasty. Probably a
homeless cat. I am going to sleep let them deal with whatever it is.
Still I wish I knew what he knows.
Love & Cuddles
Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset