[Dailydrool] No Bark Collars

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 05:31:32 PST 2018

I haven't found a bark collar I trust, but I have had great success with a
spray bottle filled with water. Bugsey is the one that gets worked up and
can't stop at our house. It was driving us NUTS. I got a spray bottle where
I can control the spray pattern. Then I filled it with plain old water. I
have notoriously bad eye, hand coordination. So, I kept the spray rather
strong, but not so strong it would hurt an eye if I accidently got him
there. I had NO intention of trying to spray him in eye. Anyway, The first
time I asked him to come in, and he didn't I sprayed him in the side of the
face. He was MAD, but he came in quickly. After that, as long as I had the
bottle with me, he came inside. I have had to spray him two more times in
the past year. Most of the time I don't even take the bottle with me. I
just ask if I need to get the bottle. He usually looks straight at me.
Barks two more times, and runs for the door. I realize not everyone will
have as much success as me. But it worked like a charm for us.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess