[Dailydrool] Clara is getting better

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 14:38:07 PST 2018

Thank you to everyone who has contacted me, or posted here about my Sweet Clara.
I am delighted to say that she is now improving. It took longer than I wanted and to hear the terrible moaning from her bed was nothing less than heartbreaking.
However, after being hand-fed in bed (with the other hand, and sometimes a foot, keeping Rolph out of it), copious belly rubs, much tucking in with blankets and even giving her my awesome basset hot water bottle which was my Valentine's gift, Clara deigned to sup a little broth.
Then gradually, over the next couple of days, as I adjusted her pillows, she ate a tiny amount of soft rice, then, after I tucked her in with my bottle again, she ate a tiny bit more. I even gently carried her outside to pee and brought her back inside.
FInally, she learnt she could summons me for sympathy and food just by groaning heavily, with a side of wimper. If it hadn't been for the fact that when I didn't respond at 5am one morning, so she came marching into my room to demand to be let out and fed, I might still be hand feeding her.
However, I really don't mind. She was well enough to take a short walk today (Sunday) and I felt able to feed her beside Rolph (in their usual spots), and not worry she would let him steal her still-soft chicken and rice.
So thank you all for the drool and good thoughts. We now go forward learning how best to protect her kidney health and wellbeing.
Drool works. Sally, with Sweet Clara and Rolph the confirmed OEBE little snot. UK