[Dailydrool] Peeing in the house

Sandra Wheeler sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:04:01 PST 2018

First off it is so nice to here from so many Droolers. Now that we are down to one Basset (Dora) who is 14 we don't have as many stories as when we had five hounds. We are still trying to recover from the departure of Bea and Val to the Bridge three days apart in October. Bea was our first Basset and how we found the DD in 2005.
I would really miss DD if it didn't continue; I have learned so much which I'm sure gave our hounds a better life.
About peeing in the house; Bea used it as a statement. Our adult daughter has been living with us while waiting for a kidney transplant (she got one in Sept!). For some reason she thought Bea was spoiled and was trying to teach her some manners. In retaliation Bea would pee Kris in the bathroom. Bea would make a big puddle in the doorway so the only way out was to walk through it. She did it more than once as otherwise she didn't have accidents. Kris got the message!
SandyW and Dora
(Thumpy, Willie, Val and Bea ATB)