[Dailydrool] Cyst Care

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 06:13:00 PST 2018

We’ve had lots of bassets and they’ve all had cysts. Bassets are a lumpy, bumpy breed, I’m afraid. We’ve usually done what you described: shave the hair around them, clean them up, keep them clean, and apply hot compresses. Only once did we have one that had burst actually go away. Several times, we had the vet remove them, mostly because they got too big to heal on their own. The hot-compress method actually does work, but it’s not a permanent solution since those determined cysts usually come right back.

One thing that has definitely helped Charlie and Paige is “Golden Paste”, a blend of turmeric, water, oil, and black pepper. In fact, Paige had had a dime-sized cyst that I mentioned to the vet during a well-visit. The vet wanted to note its size so she could track it in case it grew, and neither of us could find it! This happened a couple of months after Paige started eating the turmeric on a regular basis..her cyst just disappeared. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, and a cyst is an inflammatory reaction.

Nancy, owned by Charlie and Paige
nancykay9 at gmail.com