[Dailydrool] Family update - Frankie and Ru

Molly Thompson mthompson5922 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 08:13:15 PST 2018

Hi Kacy

My Tucker is currently undergoing treatment for lymphoma using the CHOP
protocol.  You would really never know he was getting chemo, because
unlike humans, the side effects are minimal.

He did have diarrhea the first week, but since then he has been fine.
Part of the protocol involves high doses of prednisone to start and boy
was he hungry!  Since he lost a few pounds, the vet told me to add a
hard boiled egg to his meal every night.

So far things seem to be going well. The only symptoms he had were an
enlarged kidney and spleen and maybe a growth near his heart. Those have
subsided, so we are crossing our fingers that the treatment is working.

He is 12 also. So he has slowed down a bit, but it's hard to say if that
is due to lymphoma or age. (He has arthritis in his spine so that slows
him down too.)

The first few weeks of taking him to treatment were a bit emotional. But
now I am getting more used to it.  I just hope for the best and give him
lots of hugs.

Molly

Slave to Lilly and Tucker