[Dailydrool] New Year’s Eve and the big dog crate

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 22:43:55 PST 2018

this New Year’s Eve was the noisiest in years. Ear-splitting booms and flashes of light went off continuously in my neighborhood on all sides of us from 6 PM until 2 AM.  The air was unbreathable. Fireworks are legal in my state and our neighbors on one side must have spent hundreds of dollars on them. It was a nightmare.

We closed all the windows, all the blinds, and holed up.  I am grateful that my current pack is a little less terrified than Bo and Harley were, but Ipo is still very scared. Ipo is also claustrophobic, has no use for crates or even rooms with a closed door. In any room, she makes sure no one is between her and the door.  So the three dogs and I retreated onto my bed. (Bill and I have separate sleep spaces since we both have sleep disorders and thrash around).

My bedroom is tiny, just room enough for a bed with a tiny aisle next to it. we left the door open to the rest of the house for Ipo.  And the dogs did okay. I read a book.  Afterwards, my husband commented that the arrangement was really perfect since my bedroom is really basically just a huge dog crate.  Hmm, I can see it.  Actually, he’s right.  I wonder what that says about me....