[Dailydrool] Dying DD

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:58:35 PST 2018

Hi everybuddy!   It is a VERY long time since I posted!  Not sure what I’m going to say but as someone mentioned, something was just tilted in my brain and I had to write back.

I am NOT a FB fan - some of you tried to persuade me to go on but I’m afraid I have no time for it. I am not condemning it because for things like Pet Alert it is great (lost dogs?) and thanks goodness so many people DO like FB, otherwise the Pet Alert would not work!  Voila!

I see lots of familiar names here since a couple of days so a big HI to you all. I was Misty’s mum, then Penny and Polly. (All three Pw’s, btw. In fact, P and P were members of the Basset Feet Brigade - did I get that right? Anyway, I still have their bandanas) Just before Polly went to the Bridge we adopted Venus. She was 10 when she arrived with us.  She was very « distant » !  Nothing phased her, she never showed any emotion, it was like she was in her own little bubble and I just could not « write » in her name - she had nothing to say!!!  I loved her and as you can tell from my writing in the past tense, she is no longer with us - she went to the Bridge last November.  She would have been 14 a couple of weeks ago but she just came to the end of her earthly journey.  It was time for her to « move on ».  Still miss her though. In fact I still miss Pw Misty and Pw Polly and especially Pw Penny ...

About 18 months ago we rescued a male and had his new family all arranged - he even went there and all was well … for a couple of weeks, then he came back to rescue.  My silly DH said « if no-one wants him, we can take him … »  Arghhh!  I love tricolors and have ALWAYS had females … you see where this is going?  Yep, nobody wanted him so we drove all the way to Paris (we live in France, on the Riviera) to fetch him!!!!  His name is Hercule.  He was 7 when we adopted him (he is now 8) and a few months after he arrived with us he developed glaucoma <snif> <snif>  He is now completely blind in both eyes.  After the initial shock, we are now getting used to the situation.  He is brilliant and our daily walks in the woods are OFF-LEASH !  No problem at all except that he can no longer run like a maniac!  The occasional tree will also pop up in the middle of the path grrrrr but no worries, he’s a real tomboy and just bounces back and carries on as if nothing happened.

My website is still up and running but it’s not quite up to date, but if you want to check it out you can find out more about us and my basset crap collection!  www.bassettissimmo.com

It feels good to be back

Eleri Pastouret
elerimist at gmail.com