[Dailydrool] Questioning vet policy

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:23:54 PST 2018

I totally agree with Bev. It’s time to start looking for another vet. I  have only once left one of our dogs at the vet over night and that’s because she was on a  Morphin drip. It turned out that we had to let her pass the next day.
Is the vet office staffed 24 hours? That’s always my question. Usually the answer is no. They can’t watch my dog if they aren’t there!
The vet we had before moving, I loved. She required that our dog stay overnight after neutering so he could be monitored. I declined saying he’d come home with me. And that was that.
If you are not 100% comfortable with the vet, staff and policies then it’s time to go elsewhere. You are your dog’s best/only advocate! I set up an appointment to chat/interview new vets when I’m looking. I raw feed and do minimal vaccinations. I need to know if the vet is against these before our dogs need a visit. If he/she is then I just move on to the next on the list.

Cheryl
Radar and Finn, Basset Hounds
Mollie and Jefro, Bloodhounds

Sent from my iPad