[Dailydrool] Questioning vet policy

Molly Thompson mthompson5922 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 13:09:56 PST 2018

I started getting worried about my long time vet practice after they
stopped letting me be around when they drew blood. Plus there was a lot
of staff turnover in a very short time, including my favorite vet and
the nicest techs leaving.  After many years of having them greet me by
name, I was suddenly someone they never knew.  So I did some quick
research and found out my favorite vet had just joined a practice in the
next town. Then on my first visit I was greeted by two techs who were
formerly with my original vet!  They told me, "It was time to leave."

Since then, I have found out that my basset boy, Tucker, has lymphoma. I
am so happy I "found" the original staff at this new vet. Once again
they greet me and my dog by name and let me assist with holding my dog
for procedures whenever possible. The vet takes time to discuss Tucker's
treatment with me, including taking me into the back to look at his
latest x-rays.

So I agree. You and your dog should be comfortable with your vet. The
peace of mind is worth a longer drive if needed.

Molly Thompson

slave the Lilly and Tucker the bassets