[Dailydrool] Hematoma

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 11:16:44 PDT 2018

One of my dogs (Ipo) woke up with a hematoma in one ear this morning (collection of blood between the front and back skin of the ear.  I gather from the Internet that there ate three ways to treat these—1. leave them alone entirely and they will dissolve in about two weeks, but may cause some cauliflowering of the ear, 2. Have a vet suck the blood from the ear with a needle, or 3. Have a vet make a surgical incision, drIn the blood and then stitch the ear.  Have any other droolers dealt with these?  If so, which option did you choose? Unfortunately, we are supposed to catch a plane to Oahu in a couple of hours for the weekend, so a vet appt. would need to be Monday earliest (unless there is an emergency, in which the kennel would handle with our vet).  Ipo does not seem to be in pain unless someone rubs that ear.  Advice, please.  thank you, Val

Val Brewer