[Dailydrool] Old dogs

Susan lily5943 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:12:23 PDT 2018

It does seem as if the Drool dogs are aging. Our Gracie Girl passed last summer from cancer surgery complications; she would be 12 now. I thought 11 was so young to die!

Beau is 12 and Noodle is 10. Chance notabasset is 4, so that’s good. Ours don't do much to report on. Beau is mostly blind but does a great job of getting around. He loves when Mom brings her Westie over. Beau’s black, so I call them Salt and Pepper when they’re together.

I love watching them out in the yard:  just lying in the sun or shade, rolling in the grass, sniffing the summer breeze, checking the perimeter.  Inside, they nap from spot to spot, wood floors when they’re hot, then moving to pillowbeds or one of our chairs. Sometimes they sneak up on the sofa; I pretend not to notice.

I, too, would love to hear some buppy stories from the new generation!  But senior dogs teach a kind of peace that we all can learn from. They are Zen masters!

Sending love and drool to all,
Susan
With Beau, Noodle & Chance at home
And Sophie, Jolie & Gigi ATB