[Dailydrool] Survived the Bark Mitzvah party

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 29 10:17:29 PDT 2018

Hi it's Gracie,
I just hope all those hounds made it home ok ...... most of them got on planes in the wee hours of the morning but a few drove off into the sunset and after the whole raiding the wine cellar thing I'm worried so check in when you get home please.
The wine cellar ....... OMG the wine cellar ...... the clueless momPerson collects wines and she has (had?) quite the collection.  Now she had ordered several cases of Grgich Hills Fume Blanc and a case of Dao Zin and thought what the heck .... they are bassets how much could they possibly drink.  Right?  OMG the wine she ordered was gone in 15 minutes (where did all these bassets come from I told you yesterday there were planes that arrived that I did not charter and a number of automobiles, trucks, vans, motor homes, buses and all arrived and out poured all manor of basset ....... they drank a lot of wine.  When we ran out of the cases momPerson ordered Ms Merta Lou Professional Basset lady took matters into her own hands and organized sorries into the wine cellar to bring up replenishments, by the wee hours of the morning we were down to wine that bubbles ....... there were bassets passed out everywhere ..... the ones that weren't determined to dance till dawn.
Speaking of dancing till dawn I have a question.  We had more elderly, supposedly infirm bassets then you could shake a stick at ...... Why Clara and Pawtunia both claim to be 14 and threatening to go down in the back at any moment ..... those girls can dance they were doing the cha cha and the can can and waltzing and oh my I've never seen such intricate moves!  Balou was dancing with Clara most of the night and Rolph was having a regular fit about it every time they waltzed into a dark corner he'd rush over there to protect his sister's honor ....... why poor Balou couldn't even get a single snooter smooch it was all too much.  Rusty was much more relaxed about his sister Pawtunia ...... apparently no one tells Pawtunia what to do ....... she and Snoopy kissed .... and there was tongue, lots of tongue.  I would tell you what Doc was up to most of the night but this is a family list so suffice it to say Doc is tall, dark and handsome and he could (and did) have his way with a number of lady bassets over the course of the evening ........... myself I take the 5th (no Snoopy not 5 times the 5th means I'm not telling, geez)  Chunky fainted when Snoopy proposed to Pawtunia ....... when he came too he said something about his father ...... he's not sure if his father married Pawtunia ..... if not he might be ..... well ..... and if so then perhaps she isn't available for marriage ..... it got confusing .... Livy offered smelling salts.
Those Hawaian hounds are a wild bunch.  One of them isn't a hound (Ipo) but she is the life of the party I am telling you that she and doc ..... well the broke the rule about naked fire dancing too close to the hot tub of baccardi 151 but no one cared it was incredible to watch ..... as for Mariah ..... she slinked off ...... this morning we have zero backyard birds ...... I have a few questions about that.  She and Browyn were up to something the last time I checked but this morning everyone is gone, including the birds.  sigh.
I have a massive headache and a lot of cleaning to do.  I am finding many left behind articles (car keys, tierra, bow tie, a box of ... nevermind, jewerly ...... a fancy cigarette light (wait, that's mine) anyway if you left anything behind let us know, we'll send it along.
Thanks for coming.  Snoopy is still unconscious, once he wakes up I'm sure he'll write.
Love,Gracie
PS ..... Auntie Angelika person Gator was DEFINITELY not here and he CERTAINLY didn't drink a lot of wine and have his handsome hunk of hound way with all the wild lady bassets at the party ...... No way and that is NOT Dolly swinging from the chandelier in the pictures ..... it's another hound that looks just like her........and it's certainly not the warden snoozing with a bottle of momPersons best Chardonnay on the memory foam dog bed, don't worry they didn't show up for whatever reason.