[Dailydrool] Pawties, Dogs, Creditability

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:56:00 PDT 2018

Years ago a friend of mine and I stood at the counter in the Veterinary
Hospital waiting to pay our bills. She asked me how I was or something, how
the dogs were, and I said fine but Mitchell had gotten the credit cards
again and ordered a whole bunch of stuff.
My friend (Susan, with Belgians) picked it right up and said yes, she
understood that: she had gotten several mysterious items and thought her
dogs had an anonymous admirer until she got the credit card bill.
We then speculated on how diffiicult it was for them to type in the card
numbers, with their big toes.
All this time our Vet, who was smart enough to go to Vet school and own his
own business and run a good practice, was staring at us in amazement. For
JUST A SECOND. For Just a second we had him. We could see it in his face.
And then he shook his head, mumbled something with "crazy" in it and
stalked off.
It was worth it.
sometimes, the smarter you are, the harder you fall.

MomPerson to Miss Merta Lou and Doc