[Dailydrool] Saving the Garden

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 14:06:48 PDT 2018

Jennifer,

I read a tip year's ago and it really works for dogs who dig or go under fences. Get some chicken wire. "L" it half on the ground, half up the fence. Secure the ground part with blocks or tent spikes or something to hold it down. You can even put sod over it. Grass will grow up through the chicken wire---and you can even move over it. My fence is wood, so I used a staple gun to secure to the fence part. A friend has chain link and did zip ties.

They won't dig the chicken wire, and if secured with tent pegs (mine are like long metal staple-like things) pounded into the ground, can't get under it. Especially after been there awhile and things grow through it. Doesn't even look terrible.

Marilyn Briggs

marbriggs at comcast.net