[Dailydrool] Ella IBD

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Sun Mar 18 13:35:48 PDT 2018

Ella had been eating carpet and when I went to clean the floor I was amazed
that there was no hair on the floor (with 8 hounds, that's not possible).
Ella had been cleaning the floors for me too. Doc found a bunch of yarn,
hair and string in her tummy. He diagnosed her with IBD and put her on
Budesonide. It has been working great for a month, but today, she again
cleaned the floors for me and was trying eat hair and dirt out of my plants.
Has anyone struggled with this? I was feeding her Sport Mix Wholesomes,
chicken, but one day she just said no more and wouldn't eat so I switched
her to Royal Canin gastrointestinal diet It was also chicken based, but
after about 3 months of eating that, is when she started this bloat, eating
dirt thing. So now, I've tried a lamb diet, but that apparently isn't
working either since she is doing it again.

Ann