[Dailydrool] Dog Wheels

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:40:20 PDT 2018

Nigel had wheels from EDDIE'S WHEELS but there are several other really
good companies and sometimes wheels are available temporarily from rescues.
The problem we ran into was that the wheelbase was too wide to use the cart
in the house-- we would have had to remove all the furniture and wear
steel-toed shoes. Nigel, being a bit of a spoil=sport, would happily use
the cart on the sidewalk but if he had to expend any effort at all, like
pulling through grass, he just stopped and stood there.

Ideally you want a cart to fit your dog so need to have one made but this
is big bucks. I am not sure where our wheels ended up but if you have a
cart made to order check out all the companies first.
The reason for having one made is to avoid  raw spots on the dog from a
harness or piece of hardware rubbing or chafing. Also some offer better
methods of  "tacking up" -- ours was very cumbersome to get Nigel into and
if your dog tends to start without you, this can be very annoying and time
consuming. (Especially if your dog cannot walk or stand at all and has to
be manhandled into the apparatus.) (It took two of us to harness up Nigel
whose idea of "helping" was to Flat Basset.
It's a process.

MomPerson to the late Nigel (ATB) Conley, Merta Lou and Doc