[Dailydrool] Fireplaces

Kathy Wilson kmwlaw at cox.net
Sun May 20 16:18:01 PDT 2018

I've had bassets since 1990 but today was a new one.  We have a '70s style
fireplace that opens on both sides, between the family room and the living
room.  The living room has a gate on it to protect the ebony piano from
puppy teeth.  This morning I left Tallulah in the family room, went to
church, and came home to find her sitting nicely in the center of the rug in
the living room, with the gate closed.  We stood there looking at her,
wondering how she managed to open and close the gate, when she decided to
show us the spiffy new shortcut between the two rooms ("Hey, guys, just
watch me jump up on the hearth and push aside this metal thing, jump over
these logs, and presto!  I'm in the living room!")  Needless to say, there
was quite a mess that accompanied her on her adventure, and she was
something less that clean herself.  We're now in the market for massive iron
fireplace screens..good thing it's California and we seldom have a fire in
there!  Puppies - you gotta love 'em!

Slurps to all in need!

Kathy Wilson and Tallulah, with Twinkletoes, Hooter the harrier, and Moose
(all ATB)

kmwlaw at cox.net