[Dailydrool] Spleen removal

carla kleinschmidt mshounddog at wowway.com
Sat May 26 04:43:03 PDT 2018

Hello,
My Belle had to have her spleen removed this year in February. There was a mass on hers, but it ended up being a hematoma and not cancer. We have no idea why she had a hematoma there. Anyway, she felt pretty rough the first few days, and had no appetite, but we started feeding her this canned chicken stew and she came right around. She is fine now, although I have noticed she is not quite as active as she once was. Appetite is good, attitude is good. I am pleased with how she's getting along. The hematoma was bleeding internally, so I would have lost her had I not opted for the surgery. Her incision extended down her entire abdomen, so I know she was a sore little girl. I wasn't ready to lose her though. Hope that helped.

Carla K. in Indiana
Belle and Taffy