[Dailydrool] spleen

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:48:56 PDT 2018

My Pumpkin had an enlarged spleen that was removed when she was around 12.
I asked the vet to rehab her at the practice because I have a split level
house with stairs everywhere, and I knew that would infringe on her very
large incision.  I still had 8 bassets at home, and Mom home in hospice
care.  My only thought was that my decision was the best for Pumpkin.  It
was not cancer, but she apparently had a seed of cancer in her, and that
was what got her when she was almost 14.  Pierre jr. had an enlarged spleen
at his near end, and he was already advanced in cancer, and it was too late
to do surgery.  My Pierre Sr.  died with internal bleeding, after a week at
the vet to try to get him to recover, no one said it was the spleen, but it
probably was.  The vet who did his euthanasia, poked his belly with a
syringe (long after I said goodbye, and he was already on his path to
Heaven), and he said his belly was loaded with blood, indicating internal
bleeding.  Both Pierre dogs were 7 when they passed, just a coincidence,
difficult for me to process to this day, but if it were me, and I trust my
Vet, if a spleen removal surgery could help your pet, I say do it.

Blessed memories to our veterans.  This is your weekend.  Your service is
very appreciated by me and many others.  May God Bless you all.

Healing drool to all in need,

Jackie and Little Nikki, in less pain, more medication that cannot be
sustained, appetite still off, unusual for the foodie girl, but a slight up
curve in the chart of her life.  Her diagnosis is extreme arthritis.  All
other tests do not prove illness, blood and urine OK.