[Dailydrool] From the desk

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 01:05:19 PDT 2018

MomPerson says she is going to write humpf taking my space why I
nev-----------------

Yes dear.
Mr Biskit and I want to thank everyone for the incredible outpouring of
thoughtfulness and kindness from the Drool family. It has been huge and
startling and very comforting.

I will tell you that true to form Conley departed on his own yesterday
morning just moments before Dr C arrived at the house to help him leave.
His final act of Bassitude. He was more than ready.We are thankful that he
was not sick more than a couple of days--this was fast and unexpected. His
big old heart just got too big to work anymore. There was nothing we could
do to change it. He did well on meds for a long time and we are grateful
for that.

We are crushed, but happy for the time that we had with him. Thanks to
Jackie Fogel for trusting us with him: he should have finished--he was
certainly handsome enough. He was never an enthusiastic show dog.

Merta Lou is very very quiet. She had bonded pretty much with Conley
although she spends a lot of time with Doc as well, you could tell by her
demeanor that Conley was her target. I put his bowls away but his crate
stands empty.
Thank you all again for the tremendous outpouring of kindness. It helps
more than you know.

Love & Cuddles
Bev & John, Merta Lou & Doc