[Dailydrool] Calendar Basset 11/25

Sherry Moore sherrymoore at me.com
Sun Nov 25 16:36:32 PST 2018

Today, Sunday, November 25, the calendar Basset is our Guffy (11/25/77-08/06/86). When we bought our first house, one requirement was a fenced yard so we could get a dog. I researched breeds until I was nearly cross-eyed, checking the AKC dog book out of the library over and over. Started out thinking I wanted a Dachshund, but settled on Basset. I called a local breeder, and, as luck would have it, she had a litter out of one of her sires due any day. I called the dam's owner, and the rest is Basset history. If I knew then what I know now (which isn't that much), he would have been a different dog. But he taught us so much about the breed, and we've never looked back. He was our only child for three years before our son was born, and they were partners in crime thereafter. I'll see you again one day, Guffy.

Sherry in AZ
with GiGi and Edric
sherrymoore at me.com