[Dailydrool] HHA Hound update

Michele SZ wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 14:49:58 PDT 2018

Hello Drool Family. I am so happy to read that Rolph is doing great with his new wheels. I hate hearing that Morse is having some nighttime hot flashes. A couple years ago I got the hounds a Cool Bed when we lived in Florida. It is a canvas like covered spongy like pad that you put water in...they seemed to really like it in the hot part of the summer. It did seem to help keep them cool. Maybe Morse would like that instead of going out and laying in the mud.
Things are slowing down just a bit on the farm. The garden harvest is completed except for a few sweet and hot peppers. Our cows have finished calving and everyone is thriving. We had to put one of our roosters down because he was attacking a hen. Shortly after that she passed away I think from being to traumatized so badly by him. The barn kitties are doing great, catching lots of mice and moles. Seth and Xander are enjoying their walks around the farm when weather and my schedule cooperates. My mom is suffering from dementia and her mental and physical health continue to visible decline rapidly. So I have been taken her to a lot of medical appointments and being her overall medical care oversite. To help my dad out with mom’s care and household chores I have also taken over going through their mail, paying their bills, and loading their medication dispensers. In addition I'm slowly going through the office to sort through it to shred, trash, recycle and reorganize it. Mom had printed out and saved so much unnecessary stuff! I am also going with my dad to his doctors appointments to oversee his healthcare too. I feel like I now live in doctors offices between my own, the animals vet appointments and going with my parents to there medical appointments. Xander is definitely not happy with all the time that I am spending away from the farm. Seth takes it all in stride. Friday when I did my normal trip to my parents, Todd said that every time a car went down the road the dogs would run to the window and whine. Hoping that it was me coming home. Todd said this went on for over 2 hours until they finally calmed down and took a nap.  Once I did get home they flipped out! You would have thought that I had been gone for a month instead of just 6 hours. Anyhowl, all of us here at the farm hope that all of you are staying safe from all the crazy natural disasters. Virtual hounds hugs and moo cow kisses.
Michele Momma to Xander and Seth at Howling Hound Acres
Sent from my iPawPad