[Dailydrool] Dale checking in

Dale dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 19:38:03 PDT 2018

Hi it’s dale,

Man oh man think twice before you turn your aging senior hound into a crockpot dog.  I remember Angelika hanging up the kibble scoop and having her Elvis defy all odds....for years and years and years...and many others too....Snoopy went off his kibble just after his 13th birthday, shortly after Gracie packed and left for the bridge without notice, and we hung up the kibble scoop and my word .... all I can say is I happen to know Rolph went off his kibble a short while ago as well and let me warn you about these crockpot dogs....oh wait... Sally already did...but anyway

Snoopy is now howling at us when we fail to meet his expectations.  I came home from work and had nature call and was howled at the entire time I was Indisposed. I am howled at for any and all infractions these days, and my lack of speedy attention to desires for treats, walks and pets tops reasons for me to be howled at.  Greg too.

This dog, after going down hard in the back two and a half years ago, now demands daily walks, howling at us until someone takes him.  Yesterday he demanded two!

He is pushy, pawing at us and telling us to make haste. He went to his annual appointment with his ophthalmologist where he proceeded to charm everyone present and was told he was gorgeous and a hunk of hound and amazing at 13.5 years of age, his dry eye is in check and his high blood pressure is not affecting his sight (how?  Somebody remind me how these dogs who sleep 20 hrs a day have high blood pressure again) and his cataracts are not affecting his sight and then he howled at a sheltie on his way out who did nothing at all to deserve such a fate.

And here we are. Snoopy at 13.5 is not much different then snoopy at 5.....well...except that (praise G-d) Snoopy can no longer fly

More later from dale who really can’t believe it but here I am.

Sent from my iPaw