[Dailydrool] Poor Beauford

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 05:43:34 PDT 2018

I feel so very bad for Beauford. He now has jungle foot, otherwise known as
foot fungus. We have something in the backyard that Beauford and Bugsey
have a contact allergy to. I wish I knew what it was. I would rip it out.
Anyway, about midsummer through the first frost, I have to wipe down their
paws with unscented baby wipes and that for the most part keeps it in
check. Yesterday poor Beauford's feet were beet red, and swollen. His poor
toes were very swollen and the pads of his feet were swollen. He was also
walking very weird because they hurt, but all four hurt. So, limping really
didn't help a whole lot. The vet saw him and said to put him back on
apoquel because he didn't want him on a steroid while that incision that
opened up again is trying to heal. He gets to take fluconozole for 14 days
and I have to wipe his feet with our malacetic wipes. My poor baby just
can't catch a break! He says to tell Mariah he totally understands about
itching and he hopes she quits itching soon. Browyn would like to point out
that she is a happy, healthy, little clam!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess