[Dailydrool] itching

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 25 09:24:17 PDT 2018

Hi all, Snoopy here,
I am the KING of itch (and also vet bills).  I am NOT allowed to chew on myself, for any reason, ever, because if I do we will be faced with 100s of dollars in vet bills.  Instead I am yelled at, squirted, chased after, slathered with hyrocordizone, fed benedryl and bathed frequently (not always with soap, just a good rinse helps).
For those occasions where I manage to slink off into a hidden corner and chew on myself my mother (who is CLUELESS) keeps a pump spray bottle of chlorhexidine (brand name Tirzchlor 4) on hand.  She will part my hair, spray the spot wet, and then brush firmly.  This works to nip a hot spot in the bud ..... I don't have to be shaved or go to the vet which is good because I can bloom a hot spot with 20 minutes of chewing.
Fall and spring are the worst.
More later from Snoopy who feels your itch