[Dailydrool] Story time

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 02:27:47 PDT 2018

I took Clara with me to the local market and as we walked around various people stopped to make a fuss of her, including a couple in their Sixties. The man was delighted to see Clara and told me about his earlier experience of the breed.
He said: "My dad was a teacher in a village school when I was young. A family with three girls had this basset and every morning it followed them to school, so every morning, one of the girls had to take him home and was late for class."My dad got fed up with this, so he told them 'Just bring the dog in with you'.
"After that, this dog would come in the class and lie beside the girl's chair every day. He was a good as gold, but the only time we knew he was there was when the class had to recite their times tables, when the dog would sit up and woof along in rhythm with the children. He was hilarious and always got the 'tune' right."
No surprisingly, this gent has had a soft spot for bassets ever since!
Good to know bassets have been entertaining people for many generations.
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, who have never been to school, UK