[Dailydrool] Condolences and eating humble pie

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 05:04:35 PDT 2018

Firstly, I was so sorry to read another of our Drool pack has gone off to the Bridge. We send you heart-healing drool.
My two, despite the best predictions of the vets, are still here and doing OK. Clara demands playtimes and still charges up and down the stairs during her basset 500s. Rolph, would love to join in, but he can't.
I have really been struggling, because he desperately still wants to go out for walks, but I always have to take a second lead to loop through the back of his harness to assist him. This is not only almost impossible while I'm also walking Clara, it is playing havoc with my back.
So, I'm eating humble pie. I have always proclaimed loudly I would never put one of my dogs on wheels. But when I look at this determined little fluffbag and the zest for life he still possesses, I've allowed myself to be talked into ordering wheels (a kind donation from my XH). We cannot order Eddie's Wheels here, but there is a man who trained with them who handbuilds carts which are very similar. I will let you know how it goes when they turn up. Please send drool that he will take to them and can continue to enjoy the great outdoors.
Love and drool to all who need or want it.
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK