[Dailydrool] Bella's Bladder Infection

dee- diane ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 05:00:41 PDT 2018

Bella had her wellness physical Monday and we found out last night she has a bladder infection.  I am new to this problem.  I could use some thoughts from those of you who have battled this problem before.

We are going to pick up antibiotics today.  She was put on prednisone on Monday for severe itching and redness.  She is on apoquel, which I know has a side effect of bladder infections.  This is not a medicine I can take her off of, unless we change to Cyto Point.  When we tried it a few months ago, it did not make much of a difference, so the Dermatologist said to not bother since she still would have to take the apoquel.  I may need to rethink this and talk it over with the vet.

Is there any healthy things I can do for Bella to keep this from happening again or at least try to keep it at bay?

Thanks

Dee