[Dailydrool] Names

Sandi Scranton njmedic702 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:15:28 PDT 2019

Really late to the party here because for some unknown reason all my
DailyDrool digests are making their way into my spam folder!  Wanted to
comment on Richie's name thread, however.

When we got our first Basset, Daisy Belle, we contemplated lots of names.
She was an energetic wild child, into everything, but her enthusiastic zest
for life was refreshing and springlike so flower names came to mind.  We
almost named her Petunia but Daisy just suited her and Belle seemed a good
complement.  When we figured out that she was in dire need of a playmate to
use up some of her naughty energy, we decided to continue the D thread of
names and named our second girl hound, Delilah and kept Belle as her middle
name.  Our Dozer was originally a Barney but it absolutely did NOT suit my
heart hound.  His indomitable spirit, short stubby legs and his zest for
life had him moving full speed ahead at seven years old like a little
bulldozer, so Dozer he became.  He was such a good, loving boy that
Boneworthy became his middle moniker.  Finally, little Dudley, the last
adoption of our foursome.  Because Dud foraged on the streets for a time he
could be very food aggressive and protective of his people if one of his
siblings dared come close if he was cuddling a human.  We gave him the
middle name of Beauregard.  It just fit.

They are all gone now and typing about them has brought tears.  Not a day
goes by when I don't miss them all.  Love on your babies tonight.  We
aren't promised tomorrow.

Sandi, Mamaslave to Daisy Belle, Delilah Belle, Dozer Boneworthy and Dudley
Beauregard, all ATB