[Dailydrool] WHeels, Toes, etc

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 00:04:36 PDT 2019

I also suggest Eddie's wheels-- they are good to work with and seriously
want the cart to be as comfortable as possible for the dog.The disadvantage
we found with Nigel was that it was extremely difficult to get him loaded
and buckled in since he could not help (and probably wouldn't have anyway,
just to be Nigel). So pick and choose which is important to you: that the
dog is not going to be uncomfortable or that you won't break your back
getting him in the cart.  (Maybe that has improved in the years since
Nigel.)
I have said this before that I think part of the problem in cutting Basset
nails (aside from their thickness) is that Techs tend to grab a leg and
pull. I had very good luck with ML this last time having her lay on her
side and rolling her over (pretty easy considering she is shaped like a
giant Bratwurst right now. Time to start walking again) and doing the other
side. In my opinion the two worst breeds to do nails on are Bassets and
Pugs. Pugs just don't hold still-- maybe Frenchie's, too: they make
horrible strangling sounds and bounce all over the place. Gaaaaahahhhhh!!!
Bassets just howl and once in awhile, one bites. (Our first Basset had to
be double muzzled and it took 3 adults to hold him down for nails. Every
time.)

MomPerson to Merta Lou & Doc