[Dailydrool] Pills

Ellen Cole erc2761 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 04:40:50 PDT 2019

Pills were always a  challenge in our house. Most of our girls could eat
every last drop of kibble and water in their bowls and manage to leave the
pill. Oliver didn't mind his pills much and would just eat them with his
kibble. That's until Tramadol became necessary. Evidently, Tramadol has a
very nasty taste because it has been refused outright by anyone who needed
it. The only way that worked to give Tramadol was in cream cheese. It's
just delicious and sticky enough to get the pill down.

Abigail was the absolute best at spitting out pills, even when we'd stick
them way back down into her throat. We were having a disagreement one day
about taking a pill and my nephew (who we raised) came into the room and
asked what was happening. I asked him if he would try to get the pill down
Abigail's throat. I'd had enough. He took the pill, walked up to her with
it in his outstretched palm and said sweetly, "Here Abby, eat this" and she
did. The little witch. :D

Ellen with Abigail, Magnolia, GracieLou Flatbasset & Oliver (all awaiting
us ATB)