[Dailydrool] Chewy Feets

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 18:35:01 PDT 2019

My understanding is that it usually signals an allergic response but get it
looked at to be sure he does not have an interdigital cyst. If he is grumpy
when you handle his feet it is as likely to be because he doesn't want his
feet touched as anything, something all my Bassets have exhibited once they
stopped showing and getting their nails done on a regular basis. It may be
pain, but I bet it isn't.
Our first Basset needed two muzzles and at least three people who knew how
to restrain a dog properly to get his nails done, and he wasn't playing. If
he could have gotten the muzzle off he would have caused major damage. We
never knew why.
MomPerson to MertaLou & Doc