[Dailydrool] Too many

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 07:00:44 PST 2019

So many beautiful (and “Drool famous”) hounds have gone to the bridge recently.  My eyes are “drooling” having seen that Rolph is among the recent bridge flights.
I joined the drool in anticipation of picking up our first Basset, MacKenzie.  We got her as a 12 week old puppy.  She turns 11 on Thursday.  Eleven years of reading the wonderful escapades of famous hounds.  Eleven years of welcoming new ones and saying goodbye to those headed to the bridge.
We currently have four hounds supervising us.  We have four other dogs waiting at the bridge (a Basset and 3 not a Bassets).  I usually wear a wonderful (chunky) silver charm bracelet that has charms for each of those waiting at the bridge.  Bogz, a black shepherd, Cysco and Ebert, Goldens and Miss Poppy, a rescued Basset.  There is also a charm of a treat, because they would have expected one.  I’m going to put it on today to remember those recently lost who I have never met, but feel like they were family.

Sent from my iPad