[Dailydrool] Merta Lou Yesterday

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:15:12 PST 2019

ML had a dental. Her teeth were not terrible but Conley's were and he ended
up with a bad heart and I am taking no chances. Once he had the bad heart I
was afraid to anesthetize him. And no one suggested it either.
ML is very dramatic. Just so you know. Yesterday I am sure she was still
gorked when I picked her up ( "pick up" being the operative phrase here)
When they brought her to me in the lobby she was clearly groggy but
moreover, she was MAD. She did not greet me in anyway but with her tail
tucked and her head down she made it clear she knew where the door was and
she was leaving. NOW. As she chugged for the door not caring about other
dogs or people, radiating that 'GEDOUTTAMYWAY" attitude, I caught a whiff
of real trouble ahead.....She continued this right to the Van door where
she glared at me and said "LIFT ME."
Oh good heavens, child!!!  What DO you weigh? (60) At home she slept. She
neither ate or drank just slept. Late last evening I hand fed her a tiny
bite of chicken. Her temp was 98. I wrapped her in blankies and love and
she slept on the bed and I slept in a chair and Doc in his crate. This
morning she is better and ate breakfast with shiny clean teeth! She smiled.

MomPerson to ML & Doc