[Dailydrool] Snoopy & Chomper & German shepherds

Susan Scott-Chambers lily5943 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 08:03:23 PST 2019

Add me to the list of those who LOVE reading about the boys and their
toys.  Such a great example of bringing a senior back to his happy place.

Aside from our basset and basset mix, we have Chance, a German
shepherd/Aussie/Great Pyr mix that we found as a puppy in the middle of the
road after being struck by a car.  He's fine now, 5 years old.  Very
guard-y of course, and unlike all the previous bassets I've had.

Now my mom has an adorable new puppy (labradoodle).  They don't live with
us, but they come over a few times a week.  Chance does not like this baby
AT ALL.  She's tiny and curly and I can't imagine that he sees a threat in
her.  She also runs a lot and pounces around (of course, 12 weeks old).
The bassets love her, but Chance is going to eat her if he gets the
opportunity.  I mean, his eyes bug out watching her!  I thought he would
see her as being in our (extended) pack, but NOOOOOO.

If anyone has GS/herding dog experience, I would love some insight on how
to help him accept the puppy instead of eating her.  You can mail me
off-list since it's not very basset-related:  lily5943 at gmail.com.

much love to all,
Susan
with Beau, Noodle & Chance