[Dailydrool] Antler ++

Dale dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 19 09:04:02 PST 2019

Hi it’s dale

Oh my goodness ..... the first or second day Chomper was here he found one of Gracie’s antlers hidden between a dog bed and a wall.  I took it away very quickly as I didn’t want it to cause a fight (snoopy doesn’t have the teeth for antlers anymore, but he still thinks they are high value food items).  I had simply set it aside.  Well, Chomper got up early with me this morning as usual, and Greg is still in bed with Snoopy, so I figured what the heck.  He probably has an hour or two to kill, why not let him have the antler?  So I got it out.  It’s a nice one, great big one, no idea how it stayed hidden all these months, neither the housekeeper nor I found it.  I just wish you could see Chomper, oh boy is he a happy basset hound right now.  He isn’t even in the same room with me, he went back into the living room with his prize so he can have privacy while he works on it.  But I can hear him going to town on that antler in there.....this boy is just SO happy it makes us all smile from ear to ear.

Yesterday I worked from home. Naturally Snoopy climbs up on the coach behind my desk to check my work.  Long time droolers know he finds all the bugs in my code, and all the flaws in my software designs. Well he is teaching Chomper how to supervise my work and the two of them were on that coach looking over my shoulder when I noticed it had gotten very quiet. I looked over my shoulder and they were both asleep in a dog pile, Snoopy was laying on top of Chomper and they were both out cold.  They slept together in our bed last night too....pressed up against each other in between Greg and I.

It just takes my breath away.  I’ve read on the drool in the past about people who brought home a foster who just walked in the door, pulled up a bowl, made themselves at home and it was like you didn’t know they were in the house after that.  Get along well with the rest of the family, go potty outside, don’t damage anything, can be trusted with run of the house even when no one but the other dog is home, no nuisance barking, nothing.  Debbie Winchester said her Daisy was one like this.  I never really believed they existed until now but Chomper is one like this too

You should all volunteer to foster folks!  Maybe you’ll get one too sooner or later

—Dale

Sent from my iPad