[Dailydrool] Douglas

Dave and Sue Autry sautry at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jun 1 06:35:10 PDT 2019

So proud of you!  Once they start doing "normal" basset things like
countercruising, stealing pillows at night, you know you have successfully
transitioned a new basset!  Congratulations!!

On the somber side, I am sad for all the furbabies gone to the Bridge!

I know the tears and heartache!  Prayers and love to those families.

Our own Tilly {12} slowing down with cognitive {doggy Alzheimer like}
symptoms.  Sleeping in secluded hidden places, hearing loss, startled easily
,etc.

And my very own husband of 50 YEARS, WHO HAS BEEN A SEMI INVALID over 5
years: has been recently diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease.  The dogs all
knew about it before me.  They have been hovering around his recliner for
longer periods of time and looking sad.

Thanks to all of your posts, I smile and chuckle each day.

Oh, how could I forget to tell you that my, yes, 3 senior dogs, ate a WHOLE
loaf of  fresh whole wheat bread  yesterday.  They have yet to disclose how
it happened, and who ate what  We found shredded bread wrapper all over the
family room, but heard not a snarl nor a barkn or a fight of any kind.
Maybe seniors are more sneaky!!~  Oh well.  No B LOOD, no hassle!  So it is
with bassets {and labs}