[Dailydrool] Nana's improvements, walking question for Droolers

lois.leader lois.leader lois.leader at cox.net
Thu Jun 13 08:55:50 PDT 2019

So glad to hear Nana's doing even a little bit better. I don't understand why that group would block your post, Jackie; but you can take it as a sign Nana is meant to be with you.

I have a question for the Drool Advice center. Our Emma has made big improvements in self-confidence. She's gone from hiding under the bed at any little trigger to actually going outside in a slight drizzle. (Not a frequent occurrence in Phoenix.) We still struggle with walks, though. Any little thing out of the ordinary on a walk, such as a person coming out of their front door or the sound of a leaf blower, and she wants to scurry back home. I've tried walking her with treats, but she just stops and begs for treats all the time. I've tried bringing her favorite toy and tossing it ahead, but she ignores it. When she's decided she wants to go home, she takes a crouch position and increases her weight by 200 pounds. I can't budge her until we go in the homeward direction. I'm wondering if this is a battle I should be choosing, or if I should just find other means of exercise for her. She loves to chase balls in the house and yard. But I love walking a dog! Advice most welcome and thank you in advance :-)

Lois Leader with Emma ('Nope, not going that way') the Aussie Basset Dog and Dobby the House Elf

lois.leader at cox.net